We are looking for an experienced field employee who can work with our contractors, has good hands on experience, and is customer oriented!
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
The Contractor Network Assistant Field Supervisor is responsible for overseeing assigned field work performed by contractors and work quality as required by our terms and conditions and if applicable, partnership agreements. Under the direction of the Field Supervisor, the Assistant Field Supervisor is accountable to ensuring assigned contractors meet safety requirements, practices and adhere to all safety regulations and policies. Responsible for recommending and supporting successful implementation of strategic initiatives that effectively manage contractor costs and improve the customer experience. Will be relied upon to provide expertise in support of resolving provider and customer complaints.
- Maintains an appropriate geographic coverage between consumer locations/concentrations and contractor service locations. This position will be focused in the Philadelphia and nearby areas.
- Works closely with Dispatch Administrator regarding contractor dispatch activities.
- Ensures that services are provided in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner while ensuing full Dispatch utilization
- Supports ensuring partnership Service Level Agreements are met by contractors and addresses any compliance issues with contractor directly
- Meets with partners and contractors both face to face and virtually in order to maintain a strong working business relationship and is responsible for keeping Field Supervisor and relevant parties updated
- Confirms completion of contractor repair assignments, verifies actual repair costs billed to contract rates, and investigates any unusual expenses and repairs the contractor invoices for payment
- Be a champion of safety and hold contractors accountable to local, state and AWR safety standards.
- Conduct safety program spot checks to ensure contractor compliance with safety policies and practices and utilize OSHA toolbox training for field supervisor knowledge
- Resolves customer disputes along with relevant team members and Escalation and Compliance Specialist(s) regarding coverage issues or repair work complaints.
- Proficient with computer, Microsoft Office and Project Management tools
- Ability to operate with limited direction
- Analytical expertise to optimize between contractors and develop and provide ongoing reporting for the business
- Attention to detail to ensure compliance with the program administration
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of outside water and sewer plumbing as well as local plumbing code a plus
- Microsoft Office Product Suite (including PowerPoint, Word and Excel), Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) and Oracle
- High School Diploma
- Utility experience strongly preferred with water and/or wastewater experience a plus
- 2 -3 years field operations, experience
- Plumbing and sewer cleaning experience a plus
- 2 -3years plumbing experience including water & sewer experience
- Project Management experience a plus
- Field experience a plus
- 50% (majority local travel with some overnight travel)
Certifications & Licenses
- Plumbing license preferred
- OSHA certification preferred
- Other trade licenses and experience preferred such as HVAC, electrical and appliance repair
- Home office, requires travel to visit job sites locally on a daily basis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details with the ability to support several projects simultaneously
- Ability to think logically and analytically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) Strong business and financial acumen (Utility and/or acquisition experience preferred)
- Previous experience in business development or back-office support desired
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing�
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.