Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Responsible for project management, engineering design, bidding, and construction management, etc. on projects relating to various aspects of the business. Responsibilities may also include the technical supervision over consulting project engineers, technicians, CADD operators and/or Construction Inspectors.
- Assist in the preparation of technical, bidding and contractual documents associated with delivery of capital investment projects. (20%)
- Manage multiple projects and perform varied engineering assignments associated with planning, design or construction. (30%)
- Ensure scope and quality of work achieve the intent of all Design Concepts and Company standards for capacity, performance, reliability, safety and regulatory compliance. (15%)
- Develops technical information and concepts into feasible and effective engineering approaches. (15%)
- Develop strategic and strong working relationships with engineering firms, vendors, and contractors. (10%)
- Provide technical expertise on engineering and operational issues. (10%)
- Supervises field and contract personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, within budget and adherence to standards. Adhere to Engineering Standards, specifications and, equipment manufacturer recommendations to support Center of Excellence initiatives.
- Coordinate the pre-qualification and selection of consulting and construction organizations for projects using negotiation or competitive selection process. Establish project budget and cost.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design theory and practice, project management, construction and contract management, water resources, water/wastewater facilities and utility operations.
- Knowledge of current trends in water quality and treatment and other aspects of the regulated and non-regulated water industry.
- General understanding of US regulations (commercial and environmental), legislation and trends impacting the water industry.
- Sound business acumen and judgment.
- Bachelor�s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 0 - 4 years experience in water resources design and project management.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing�
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.