The ideal candidate has worked in grants management at the state or federal level and maintained oversight of grants management throughout the grant life cycle including pre-award, award, post award, and closeout.
What will I do in this position if hired?
In this position, you will serve as an expert Grants Management Specialist, performing work that involves implementing and managing Federal grants and cooperative agreements and providing related technical assistance and services. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a regional liaison with external customers and recipients to clarify, interpret, and resolve questions or issues.
- Coordinating with agency officials, customers, internal personnel, and external stakeholders to assure adequate grants program support.
- Conducting on site technical assistance visits and/or coordinating training opportunities for grant recipients.
- Reviewing and assessing completeness of team member assignments.
- Working directly with recipients to troubleshoot issues, providing resolutions, and/or identifying alternative methods for processing grants.
What else do I need to know?
At FEMA, our mission is to help people before, during and after disasters, and every employee at FEMA has a role in emergency management. Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
FEMA is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects the diversity of the nation. At FEMA, our workforce includes the many identities, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, ages, cultures, and beliefs of the people we serve. To learn about FEMA's ongoing diversity and inclusion efforts, reasonable accommodation process, and the FEMA Core Values, please visitwww.fema.gov.
The qualification requirements listed below must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify for this position at the GS-13 level (starting salary $106,841), you must possess one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal government, which has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience may be obtained in the Federal or Private Sector and must demonstrate all of the following:
Managing and coordinating full range of complex grants and cooperative agreements; ANDImplementing and interpreting grant management policies, standards, regulations, practices and procedures; ANDConducting analysis and risk assessment of grant recipients and prepares fiscal year monitoring schedule in compliance with policy and guidance; ANDPreparing comprehensive reports reflecting monitoring activities and results.
Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
- Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
- Please limit your resume to five pages. If more than five pages are submitted, only the first five pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility and qualifications.
- Your resume serves as the basis for experience related qualification determinations, and you must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable), as it relates to this job opportunity. Please use your own words, be clear, and specific when describing your work history. We cannot make assumptions regarding your experience.
Are you qualifying based on your work experience?
- Qualifications are based on your ability to demonstrate in your resume that you possess one year of the specialized experience for this announcement at a comparable scope and responsibility. To ensure all of the essential information is in your resume, we encourage you to use the USAJOBS online Resume Builder . If you choose to use your own resume, it must contain the following information organized by experience/position: (1) job title, (2) name of employer, (3) start and end dates of each period of employment (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY), (4) detailed description of duties performed, accomplishments, and related skills, and (5) hours worked per week (part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience). Federal experience/positions must also include the occupational series, grade level, and dates in which you held each grade level.
- Are you a current or former FEMA Reservist/DAE employee? To accurately credit your experience from intermittent positions and Reservist Deployments, you must list the dates (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) of deployments that are relevant to your qualifying experience, along with the job title and specific duties you were responsible for during each deployment.
- Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information. Failure to provide the above information in your resume may result in your application being found "not qualified."
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provides valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- For additional information on crediting experience and/or education, please reference the OPM General Schedule Qualification Standards