Security Domain Architect III
What you'll do:
What you'll do:
The Security domain Architect is accountable for the architecture, design, standards, & frameworks that keep our company's data, people, & systems secure. This challenging role integrates business and technology knowledge to develop the security architecture vision & drive to a future state security architecture that aligns to our security controls and risk posture. This role is a Security Domain Architect role within the 'Enterprise Architecture' organization reporting to an Architecture Leader and requires active engagement with other Domain Architects, Solution Architects, Application Architects, Delivery &
What we are looking for:
- Develops and maintains a security architecture framework & process that enables the bank to develop and implement security capabilities and solutions that are clearly aligned with business, technology, and current & emerging threat drivers.
- Author and develop architecture artifacts such as standards, patterns, & architecture designs that can be leveraged in governance processes and align to enterprise security posture.
- Tracks developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Develops perspectives and points of view on 'buy vs. build' offerings from various solution providers to develop differentiated solutions that support business growth plans.
- Participates in M&A efforts to assess use of security capabilities & develops integration approaches to integrate the acquisition into our security framework(s).
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- 10+ years of related experience, with 5+ years security architecture efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, cybersecurity, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in an architecture function with knowledge & experience developing reference architectures & patterns and supporting governance functions.
- Broad understanding of all security domains (e.g. I&AM, Network, End User Compute, Application, Platform, Data etc) with knowledge & experience depth in 1 or 2 of those domains.
- Experience designing security controls for the deployment of applications and infrastructure in to public cloud services.
- Deep understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Deep understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile and DevOps teams by providing advice and guidance on delivery opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to develop content for & communicate with Architecture Leader Level stakeholders as well as Engineering & Scrum teams.
- Ability to build trust and respect as a change agent who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders and development teams.
- Objective mindset that is able to think 'enterprise first' and remain unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, with decisions made based on data, analysis, & POC results.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and be a team player
- Experience with Azure, AWS and on-prem platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages (e.g. ArchiMate).
- Experience delivering & operating in the Banking industry.
- Security Architect Level Certification
Benefits you'll love:
We offer all the important things you'd want - like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!
About the company:
Western Alliance Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Alliance Bancorporation. Alliance Bank of Arizona, Alliance Association Bank, Bank of Nevada, Bridge Bank, First Independent Bank, and Torrey Pines Bank are divisions of Western Alliance Bank; Member FDIC. AmeriHome Mortgage is a Western Alliance Bank company.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email HR@westernalliancebank.com or call 602-386-2488. When contacting us, please provide your contact information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We will only respond to inquiries concerning requests that involve a reasonable accommodation in the application process.
© Western Alliance Bancorporation