Before and After School Enrichment Site Manager
Harford County, MD
|Employer:|| Y in Central Maryland|
Before and After School Enrichment Site Manager |
Harford County, MD, USA Req #2325
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision, they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves. If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
Positions available in Anne Arundel County and Carroll County!!
The Before and After School Enrichment Site Director is responsible for all on-site operations of the center. Responsibilities are inclusive of ensuring children are actively engaged in safe and enriching activities, and communicating with key stakeholders, which include school administration, staff, and parents. The Site Director is also responsible for implementing monthly curriculum. Lastly, the Site Director provides supervisorial support to all on-site associates: group aides, teachers and program volunteers.
• Director is responsible for the overall effective operation and quality of the program.
• Fulfills their role and responsibilities in the before/after school program including all aspects of safety, risk management, supervision of children and staff, meeting quality, by maintaining site guidelines, curriculum standards, OCC regulations, DHMH regulations, and any other standard, policy, or procedure as deemed necessary by the Y in Central Maryland.
• Leads team meetings with site staff and other staff meetings as necessary.
• Attends site directors' meetings, monthly curriculum meetings and required Director training.
• Ensures training and supervising site staff on OCC regulations, Y policies and procedures, and other standards as set forth by the Y of Central Maryland. Will need to be compliant with all OCC regulations.
• Participates in site-based staff's performance reviews and performance improvement plan meetings (along with coordinator).
• Provides direction to team and children.
• Implements program curriculum effectively.
• Enforces all rules and to make effective decisions to ensure the safety and security of program participants.
• Relates effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Makes sound judgments for the betterment and quality of the program.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding participant, staff and association records.
• Communicates in a professional and positive manner to children, parents, school administration, and other staff members.
• Understands and implements emergency evacuation procedures and protocols during planned drills and unexpected emergency situations.
• Sees and reads newsprint with or without corrective lenses.
• Displays basic computer and internet proficiency including by not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite and the G Suite (Google Platform)
• At least 21 years of age with high school diploma/certificate of high school equivalence or completed courses for credit from a college or university.
• At least 2 years of experience supervising a school age program
• 3 semester hours/45 clock hours in School Age Curriculum
• 3 semester hours/45 clock hours in Growth and Development
• 3 hours Americans with Disabilities Act training
• 6 hours Medication Administration training
• Emergency Preparedness training
• 9 clock hours in Communication training
• 800 hours of experience under supervision primarily with school age children or 1 year experience as a family provider with school age children.
• Must complete continuing education units as specified by the OCC on an annual basis
Associates of the Y in Central Maryland are required to be fully vaccinated for the COVID virus or have a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The Y in Central Maryland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Moreover, the Y is firmly committed to celebrating and achieving diversity and inclusion in all we do. We strive to be an anti-racist organization and expect all associates to treat others with respect, kindness and dignity, at all times. Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us.