Before and After School Enrichment Teacher
Anne Arundel County, MD
|Employer:|| Y in Central Maryland|
Before and After School Enrichment Teacher|
Anne Arundel County, MD, USA • Baltimore, MD, USA • Carroll County, MD, USA • Harford County, MD, USA Req #2324
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision, they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves. If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
Positions available in Carroll County, Harford County, and Anne Arundel County!!
The Senior Youth Specialist/Teacher is responsible for participating in the development and implementation of programming for a group of school-aged children within a larger program. She/he is responsible for participating in the creation of the environment and in communication with parents. Must demonstrate a commitment to Y core values - caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Assist site director as needed
• Participate in a variety of enriching activities with school-aged children
• Follow program schedule including snack time, homework help, implementation of curriculum theme, cleanup, and other times set for activities;
• Assist in maintaining high standard of health and safety keeping the health and welfare of all children in mind at all times
• Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings as well as other meetings as needed.
• Follows OCC regulations and other policies and procedures to ensure health and safety requirements are met
• Participates and assist in school's out camp.
• Ability to implement program curriculum effectively
• Ability to enforce all rules and to make effective decisions to ensure the safety and security of program participants.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community
• Ability to make sound judgments for the quality of the program
• Requires a tolerant, patient and steady person
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, associate and association records
• Must be able to communicate with parents on a daily/as-needed basis about their child in a positive professional manner.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively with children, supervisor, school administration, parents and other Y associates.
• Minimum age of 19 years (Assistant Teacher - 18 years old)
• High school diploma/certificate of high school equivalence or completed courses for credit from a college or university.
• 3 semester hours/45 hours in School Age Curriculum or Preschool or 1800 hours of experience with school age children
• 3 semester hours/45 hours in Growth and Development.
• 9 clock hours Communication trainings or any college coursework
• Completion of required Y Training
• Proof of at least one college level course in child development or course work related to school age children.
• Proof of at least 400 hours of supervisory experience in a childcare, recreational, or educational setting, or completed one year of college, or a combination of the above.
• Pre-employment medical examination (paid by the Y)
• Working knowledge of child care standards and licensing requirements
• Must complete continuing education units as specified by the OCC on an annual basis.
Associates of the Y in Central Maryland are required to be fully vaccinated for the COVID virus or have a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The Y in Central Maryland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Moreover, the Y is firmly committed to celebrating and achieving diversity and inclusion in all we do. We strive to be an anti-racist organization and expect all associates to treat others with respect, kindness and dignity, at all times. Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us.