Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.|
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Inc. is committed to manufacturing products of the highest food safety and quality. Our goal is to continue our founder's, Margaret Rudkin, tradition of providing wholesome, nutritious baked goods to our consumers every day. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be part of this practice by maintaining food safety and quality systems at the manufacturing level. This is accomplished by:
- Maintaining the plant documentation systems and control of quality systems documents and programs.
- Coordinating the plant internal audit/inspection and corrective/preventive action programs.
- Supervising the QA Analyst during commercialization process for new products.
- Overseeing ingredient, packaging and finished product traceability and mock recall programs.
- Managing analytical testing of ingredients, process and finished products, including shelf-life verification.
- Reviewing food safety and quality data and provides input as required.
- Investigating plant nonconforming product incidents, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts as required.
- Implementation of online quality tools, data and applications for plant data collection systems.
- Training for all plant employees utilizing the quality assurance training matrix.
- Supporting sanitation programs, environmental programs, cleaning verification & validation.
- Providing direct supervision to QA Technician and Analyst team that support environmental microbiological monitoring program, laboratory testing activities, calibration program, structured product inspection programs, and allergen validation activities.
- Participate in external/third party audits and corrective/preventive actions.
- Maintains Pepperidge Farm QA documentation including creating new documents, revising existing documents, determining training needs, overseeing the approval and distribution processes, maintaining document control database and coordinating document reviews. Manage review, storage and archiving of quality records.
- Controls product formulas by supervising the plant floor formula process, ensuring alignment with approved Optiva formulas. SAP Power User responsible for creating, activating and maintaining BOMs, calculating yield per batch information, ingredient shelf life monitoring, and creating batch assignments.
- Lead plant internal quality audit and monthly inspection programs. Create and coordinate schedule, coordinate training new hire and annual training, develop checklists, generate reports and follow-through with corrective action assignees to ensure CARs are completed, effectiveness is verified, and audits are closed. Participate and take ownership of external audit food safety and quality inspections.
- Oversee quality aspects of special batches and new product launches by complying with PF commercialization process. Includes conducting food safety/quality risk assessments, participation in planning/execution and securing/shipping required samples and data.
- Responsible for plant traceability systems and mock recall exercises for ingredients, packaging and finished product. Executes plant-scheduled and corporate-initiated trace exercises. Leads plant food defense team by conducting team meetings, audits and assessments.
- Responsible for plant analytical, physical, chemical, and microbiological testing program by supervising sampling and testing, reporting results, analyzing for trends and coordinating corrective action. Responsible for calibrations, validation of sampling and test methods. Includes finished product, ingredient, process, shelf-life and environmental testing and programs.
- Investigates in-plant quality incidents and consumer complaints, identifying root causes and facilitating corrective action with plant teams.
- Identify opportunities and designs for expanded use of the plant electronic data collection system.
- Functions as back-up to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Education and Experience Required: HS Diploma/GED and 3+ years of experience in the food industry plant environment (manufacturing)
- Education and Experience Preferred: BS Degree 4 years in Science or related field and 3-4 years of relevant experience in food industry plant environment, with sanitation experience
- Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex: Regulatory, PCQI, HACCP, SQF, GMPs, food microbiology)
- Strong communication and leadership abilities; some supervisory experience is needed
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Effective presentation skills
Ability to work off shifts when required. Up to 10% travel. The employee is working in the manufacturing environment 70 - 80% of the time and is exposed to machinery, heat, changes in elevation, wet floors, cleaning chemicals, interfacing with powered industrial equipment as a pedestrian, and high noise levels on a routine basis.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.