Starting at $4,167 - $5,000 (monthly). Commensurate with experience.
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public-school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 42 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 20,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
Visit our website to learn more
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position is non-classified and is not subject to appeal rights.
CSI is seeking an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats to join our team. This position is best filled by an individual who enjoys a wide range of administrative tasks, is well organized and can work independently. Our organization offers a positive, collaborative and mission driven culture. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Please see below for a complete position description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Main Office Administrative Duties (10% of time worked):
• Answer/return phone calls made to CSI’s main number and direct calls to the appropriate, CSI departmental staff to respond to CSI school questions, requests for information, and problem resolution
• Greet and assist visitors to the office
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages, Check mail for invoices and route for payment
• Maintain common areas and shared spaces
• Coordinate with Building Management as needed for facility repairs and maintenance, and serve as the office Floor Warden the event of an emergency
• Coordinate with Building Management to maintain staff parking accounts
• Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
• Manage inventory of all office supplies, furniture, and technology equipment including purchase of materials, in compliance with CSI financial policies and procedures
Staff Clerical Support Duties (60% of time worked):
• Execute all clerical and office management functions for CSI including but not limited to:
o Meeting scheduling
o Catering coordination
o Rental space facilitation
o Meeting setup and takedown
o Supply ordering and inventory
• Coordinate all travel and meeting accommodations for CSI staff as requested, in compliance with the State of Colorado and CSI’s travel and financial policies and procedures
• Maintain all staff memberships to professional organizations
• Facilitate the registration for staff’s attendance at conferences and professional development courses
• Maintain CSI School and internal staff contact information
• Maintain school visit tracker on behalf of CSI staff. Create new tracker each year.
• Maintain and track access to critical accounts and platforms including telecom accounts, cell phone accounts, procurement accounts, CSI membership accounts, and department specific subscription accounts
Social Event Coordination (10% of time worked):
• Coordinate CSI social events in conjunction with the social committee
• Collect birthday questions and photos and create birthday or announcements for staff.
• Request Colorado State flags and order flag cases as requested.
Department Specific Support (20% of time worked):
• Support departments in their clerical work including building shared folder structures when needed.
• Facilitate the fulfillment of student records requests
• Complete the annual directory data collection ensuring that school and CSI staff information is accurate
• Under the direction of the District Assessment Coordinator (DAC) Facilitate assessment shipping and receiving logistics
• Assist Human Resources with recruiting and employee onboarding/offboarding logistics
• Assist Human Resources with updating PTO accruals
• Track Professional Development Fund Requests and usage of PD funds
• Assist with billing by preparing and sending invoices
• At the direction of the Grants Fiscal Manager, send formal reminders to schools when grant draw down milestones are missed.
• At the direction of the Director of Finance, facilitate the distribution and receipt of annual school enrollment projections.
• Review CSI employee reimbursements for compliance with CSI Financial and Travel Policies
• Process payments to external vendors and CSI employee reimbursements
• Complete monthly purchasing card account allocations and ensure proper supporting documentation is on file. Track and report spending violations
• COVID: Order PPE for schools and ship as needed.
• COVID: In-person office visit once a week to maintain office, process mail, ship PPE to schools
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling, a work-life balance culture, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, professional development opportunities, wellness offerings, a performance based bonus and membership in Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace as we believe that differences in perspective and experiences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences, and contribute to our collective strength.
As a charter school authorizer with schools that serve a wide range of communities across the state, we prioritize recruiting a staff that shares the diversity of the students and communities our schools serve. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail, professional written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with modern workplace software programs and tools
• Some experience as an office administrator, office assistant or administrative role
• All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred (5+ years of successful work experience can be substituted for a degree)
• Data entry experience
• District assessment coordination experience
• Experience using accounting software
• Experience working with charter schools in Colorado
LOCATION & TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
• Remote interview process
• Mostly virtual meetings for the time being
• Social distancing guidelines in place (when in the office)
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place (at the physical office)
HOW TO APPLY:
Does our organization and this role sound like a great fit for you? If so, please email your resume and cover letter to CSIEmployment@csi.state.co.us. The cover letter should detail how your experience meets the minimum experience requirements listed in the above position announcement.