Bilingual Adult Therapist (Spanish)
Adult Outpatient Services
Behavioral Health Division
You are key to our vision: Together We Thrive. At Kenneth Young Center, our staff come together with volunteers, community partners, and the people we serve to create holistic systems of care through interwoven behavioral health programs, older adult services, and community health initiatives. Our team welcomes and celebrates unique perspectives, and represents the diversity and vitality of our local communities. This role helps realize our mission: We partner with communities to support people of all ages to navigate life's challenges through personalized prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery. Join our team to grow in your career while building stronger, healthier communities.
Join a diverse team of counselors and social workers providing mental health services in a community outpatient setting. Bilingual therapists or counselors gain supervised clinical experience, with opportunities for continuing education throughout the year. This team primarily serves adult clients, but individual caseloads may also include children and adolescents. Specific client assignments are based on clinical experience, interest and credentials. Engage clients in individual, group, and family therapy aimed at reducing the impact of mental illness and creating positive change in their lives. Both full-time and part-time candidates are invited to apply.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required. Accommodation for medical and religious exemption will be considered. Weekly testing required for approved vaccination exemptions.
- Therapists and Counselors provide initial screenings and mental health assessments that identify service needs and recommend options for care
- Share assessment findings with clients and their families
- Involve client in the development of treatment plan goals, objectives and interventions that address their assessed behavioral health needs
- Therapists and Counselors provide individual, couples, and family therapy services
- Meet with clients for mental health reassessment, treatment planning review and modification as needed but at least every 6 months
- Provide as-needed brief crisis intervention/stabilization services and supportive counseling to Spanish-speaking meds-only clients
- Provide case management services to assist clients with access to needed benefits and services
- Provide coordinated care by initiating or participating in client centered consultation with other internal and external providers involved in care or services
- Provide oral Spanish language translation during client’s psychiatric appointments
Education and Experience
- Masters degree from an accredited college or University in Social Work, Psychology or closely related discipline and be licensed or eligible for certification.
- Must have supervised experience in providing counseling and/or psychotherapy services
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the areas of diagnostic assessment, long and short term treatment, family systems theory and group treatment
- Must have basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Candidates will be considered for both full-time and part-time based on the individual's preference
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
Kenneth Young Center offers a robust benefit package that is highly competitive to the market. KYC offers all full-time employees the following:
- 403(b) plan with organizational matching
- Health Insurance (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois) including 2 options (HMO and limited network PPO) that are completely free to the employee with no employee paid premiums at the employee-only coverage level.
- Dental (BCBS), and Vision Insurance (UNUM) with low employee premiums
- Long Term and Short Term Disability (UNUM), no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Account (with up to $550 annual rollover)
- Basic life insurance (50k) paid for by the organization and option for additional voluntary coverage for self, spouse, or dependents (UNUM)
- Clinical supervision for licensure and approximately 12-20 CEUs offered during regular work hours at no extra cost per year
- Work laptop provided
- Supportive supervisors and managers, opportunities to grow and develop
- Incentive program with potential for quarterly bonuses
- Option to "cash-out" up to one week of unused PTO at end of year, opportunity for annual bonus, and annual salary increase (discretionary based on annual KYC financial audit)
- Eligibility to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
To further promote an active and healthy work/life balance, KYC also offers a generous amount of paid time off and staff holidays.
- 8 Paid Organization-Wide Holidays (Juneteenth added for 2022)
- 3 Personal Floating Holidays annually
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (With increases based on seniority)
- Flexible schedule; 37.5 hour work week in a hybrid environment
Kenneth Young Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer