Resp & Qualifications|
The Vice President, Treasury & Investment Management is responsible for the ownership and oversight of a multi-billion, multi-strategy investment portfolio managed by several outside asset managers, as well as treasury operations of a $10+ billion organization. Responsibilities include optimizing investment returns, cash flow and liquidity across all corporate entities, managing all corporate external borrowings and inter-company settlements, development and execution of financial policies and operational procedures related to all corporate finance matters, including corporate investment portfolio, retirement plans, treasury/banking/lender relationships, cash management, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for treasury operations activities including Banking, Cash Applications, Cash Desk and Accounting Services Ensures that cash management and all cash operations - receipts and cash disbursement - ensure adequate liquidity across all legal entities. Facilitate corporate reconciliation and settlement process.
- Oversight of Investment Management functions to include cash flow and investment income forecasting. Maintain relationships with external investment managers and custody banks. Manage relationships among asset managers. Ensure effective relationship with Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB). Provide quarterly reporting risk analytics, investment metrics, and compliance certification. Ensure Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is considered and effected in the selection of investment managers. Provide due diligence and coordinate all new business development activities/acquisitions with HWX.
- Manage relationship with outsourced chief investment officer to ensure strategic asset allocation development and implementation, effective investment management, risk analytics reporting. Ensure investment returns and liquidity across all entities for the consolidated portfolio.
- Serve as Treasurer for CareFirst's subsidiary and affiliated companies.
- Work with legal for all banking and broker resolutions. Develop materials for the Board, Finance & Investment Committee of the Board of Directors, and CareFirst, Inc. Retirement committee.
- Oversees the strategic and the day-to-day activities of the Department, including directing, coaching, and guiding associates to implement departmental, divisional, and organizational mission/goals. Recruits, retains and develops a high performing team. Evaluates performance of each team member, generates development plans and sets goals within the context of the corporate policies and procedures. Develops annual goals, and prepares, monitors, and analyzes variances of departmental budgets to control and appropriately allocate resources.
This position manages people.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar related area of study.
Experience: 12 years in treasury and/or investment management. 5 years of leadership experience in Finance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Detailed knowledge of Treasury Management products and services.
- Ability to build relationships with prospects, clients and internal associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to use data to drive performance improvement.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and facilitative skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of leadership.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: FP&A and Treasury
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship