Resp & Qualifications|
Provides the vision and strategy to lead the enterprise through the development of the enterprise architecture strategy and target state, the technology strategy and rationalized domain architecture road maps to achieve business strategies and transformations. Provide vision and guidance to a team of managers and enterprise architects to achieve optimal use of IT capabilities and technology investments. Possesses a broad understanding of the enterprise, the business, current capabilities and future needs, business initiatives and healthcare/technology industry trends. Support business strategy and enterprise architecture development, by providing counsel, monitoring industry and technology trends and overseeing the adoption of architecture frameworks and introduction of new technology to meet the business objectives. Provides leadership, mentoring and counsel to senior leadership and technical teams. Defines operating plans and budgets, goals, performance objectives, and priorities for the organization.
- Strategy Development; Provide thought leadership in the development and execution of enterprise and architecture domain-specific strategies, standards, and guidelines to define the Enterprise Architecture Target State, Blueprints and Roadmaps. Engage in business strategy development to identify new business capability and technology-driven opportunities to ensure alignment and prioritization of EA strategy. Leverage industry analysis, competitive analysis, cost and investment benefit analysis to improve identification of opportunities and rationalize the investment portfolio. Support business operating models, identify opportunity to exploit existing and emerging capabilities to realize strategic goals and objectives. Develop specific strategies and architectures to retire legacy systems and transform the overall business and technology capabilities to achieve the target state. Support due diligence on merger, acquisition, strategic partnership, and investment activities of the enterprise.
- Architecture Practice Development; Lead the establishment of the EA Planning and Governance model. Lead the development, tailoring, and enhancement of enterprise architecture governance and planning frameworks, methods, and tools. Ensure the alignment and integration of enterprise architecture mgmt. processes and deliverables with those of other strategy, and architecture disciplines. Establishes the overall principles and decision frameworks for prioritization and alignment of the investments and projects.
- Planning and Operations; Lead the enterprise architecture technology and strategy team, their assignments, their deliverables and work products, their performance, their competency development, team budget and finances, including estimating and forecasts. Lead the vision, strategy, and operating goals/plans for the team.
- Enterprise Architecture Governance; Represent the enterprise architecture perspective engaging with strategic partners and vendors to align strategic relationships and evaluate emerging capabilities. Represent the enterprise perspective and provide thought leadership in solution architecture peer reviews and architecture governance functions. Manage the IT portfolio and ensure decisions provide business value and optimize total cost of ownership. Chair the Architecture Review Board.
- Architecture Development; Provide guidance, input and oversight to product strategies and capability gaps. Manage development of rationalized domain architecture roadmaps and reference models. Ensure realization of strategic opportunities and balance roadmaps and investments across tactical needs and strategic requirements. Lead investigation of new technology and innovations aligned to business strategy and objectives.
This position manages people.
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 12 years' Related professional experience that is wide in the enterprise or in enterprise-wide domain architecture.
- 9 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture Management role.
- 7 years' Management experience of high-performing, enterprise-level interdisciplinary teams with demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration.
- 15 years professional experience that is in the enterprise or domain architecture.
- 7 years management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to translate complex business processes into easy to understand language.
- Ability to influence senior leadership, direct cross-functional and interdepartmental teams and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration.
- Direct the establishment of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods and tools.
- Ability to direct, plan and align across enterprise and domain-specific architectures.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Enterprise and Infrastructure
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship