Resp & Qualifications|
Provides the vision and strategy to lead the enterprise through the planning and application of the enterprise architecture strategies to product roadmaps and projects. Aligns product roadmaps and projects with the defined target state, blueprints, guidelines and standards to achieve business strategies, outcomes and transformation. Provide vision and guidance to a team of managers and enterprise architects to develop and mature the EA practice and methodologies. Possesses a broad understanding of the enterprise, the business, current capabilities and future needs, business initiatives and healthcare/technology industry trends. Support business strategy and enterprise architecture development, by providing counsel, monitoring industry trends, and engaging with product leadership to ensure business objectives are met. Provides leadership, mentoring and counsel to product and business teams. Defines operating plans and budgets, goals, performance objectives, and priorities for the organization.
- Strategy and Solution Development; Provide thought leadership in the adaptation and application of enterprise and architecture domain-specific strategies, standards, and guidelines to projects and products. Engage in product level strategy development to identify product capability requirements to support the business strategies and opportunities to ensure alignment of new technology capabilities to meet product needs. Define business capability and technology gaps through product roadmap development support. Manage annual planning process to facilitate alignment of projects with architecture strategies and guidelines. Maintain an active relationship with product management to ensure continuous architecture alignment and support of product increments. Define approaches to support project driven business and operating model changes, identify opportunity to exploit existing systems capabilities to realize strategic goals and objectives. Supports architecture rationalization efforts.
- Architecture Practice Development; Lead the tailoring and enhancement of architecture frameworks, methods, and tools to support product development/delivery. Ensure the alignment and integration of enterprise architecture strategy processes and deliverables with those of Annual Planning, PMO, PMLC and SDLC disciplines. Lead the development of related enterprise architecture communications and education materiel for use with business and technical stakeholders or partners.
- Planning and Operations; Lead the enterprise architecture planning team, their assignments, their deliverables and work products, their performance, their competency development, team budget and finances, including estimating and forecasts. Lead the vision, strategy, and operating goals/plans for the team.
- Enterprise Architecture Governance: Represent the enterprise architecture perspective engaging with BCBSA, CareFirst, Plans and FEPOC for aligning the project portfolio and investments with the EA and Domain Strategies through new decision frameworks to leverage not only target roadmaps but additional factors for logical sequencing, total cost and investment return. Represent the enterprise perspective and provide thought leadership in solution architecture peer reviews and architecture governance functions.
- Architecture Development; Provide guidance, input and oversight to enterprise architecture and domain-specific initiatives. Ensure realization of strategic opportunities and balance solutions across tactical needs and strategic requirements.
This position manages people.
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 12 years' Related professional experience that is wide in the enterprise or in enterprise-wide domain architecture. 9 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture Management role.
- 7 years' Management experience of high-performing, enterprise-level interdisciplinary teams with demonstrated progressive leadership experience. Healthcare experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration.
- 15 years professional experience that is in the enterprise or domain architecture
- 7 years management experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to translate complex business processes into easy to understand language,
- Ability to influence senior leadership, direct cross-functional and interdepartmental teams and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration.
- Direct the establishment of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods and tools.
- Ability to direct, plan and align across enterprise and domain-specific architectures.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Enterprise and Infrastructure
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship