Resp & Qualifications|
- The Manager is responsible for leading a team of highly talented and motivated professionals responsible for developing and maintaining production ETL processes as well as building innovative and complex data solutions, reporting, and applications to support actuarial analytics.
- The Manager is expected to have strong experience in managing a production-oriented team with a proven ability of implementing and ensuring successful monthly ETL processes. This includes the ability to meet or exceed established SLAs while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the data through robust control, review, and financial reconciliation processes.
- The Manager is responsible for on-going ETL and database maintenance to support business-focused data cleansing and curation. The Manager is expected to have a strong business acumen to successfully partner with the actuaries to achieve the necessary data quality for actionable analytics.
- The Manager is expected to be highly skilled with practical knowledge of SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), experience migrating processes to the cloud, and experience with IICS (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services) and Azure Data Factory.
- The Manager is expected to have a strong understanding of the business and healthcare data. The Manager is not only expected to review the team's work to validate accuracy and proper reporting based on established business rules but to also contribute to the analysis and development efforts.
- The Manager is expected to have a general understanding of the fundamentals of actuarial analytics and accounting principles. This includes familiarity with actuarial and accounting terminology and basic calculations as well as with the underlying healthcare and financial data being used for analysis.
- The Manager is responsible and accountable for leading the team through all phases of the System Development Life Cycle. This requires a strong IT-centric skill set including a solid understanding of SQL, database design, ETL, and reporting tools and techniques to execute on the building and delivery of accurate and timely reporting and data solutions.
- As an integral part of the Actuarial Systems management team, the Manager is responsible for researching and integrating new and innovative technologies into Actuarial's data environment to enhance the data analytics and reporting functions with the primary focus to improve data accessibility to actuarial analysts.
- This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility.
- Paramount to being successful is the ability of the Manager to cultivate a synergistic relationship between the actuaries, the systems team, and the data to develop critical processes to support insights into improving the actuaries' understanding of its members and associated risk management endeavors.
- Manage the design of robust, reusable, and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing, and delivery of structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data. Drives technical delivery and works with team on strategy and execution.
- Oversees the development of data delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models, and machine learning applications. Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality, and lineage.
- Develops a data culture and finds innovative approaches to train the data team. Work collaboratively with other technology teams, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment. Manage the selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks, and applications required to expand our platform capabilities.
- Manages the maintenance of automated processes with a special focus on data flow and error recovery. Provides support during technical project life cycle and ensures targets are achieved in a timely manner. Stays up-to-date on data industry innovations and trends.
This position manages people.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 5 years Related professional experience.
- 1 year Supervisory or demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
Preferred Qualifications Upon Hire Preferred:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Data Management\Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Ability to interpret and relate the business strategy and vision to the data team.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of machine learning techniques and natural language processing (NLP).
- Proficient in programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Ruby, Java).
- Proficient in big data tools and technologies (e.g., Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or Hive).
- Skilled in communicating to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to create and present presentations.
- Skill in communication via the written word.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Actuarial Systems
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship.