Millig Design Build is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to manage day-to-day onsite operations for our turn-key commercial construction projects. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of construction project management and documentation practices, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with our clients, design team, subcontractors, and suppliers. Frequent travel is required.
Millig’s Superintendents work alongside the Construction Manager and manage other on-site Millig staff to ensure compliance with schedule, budget, and quality requirements. This role will assist in the development of the work coordination plan, oversee execution, attend meetings, and manage the flow of information from the field to the office and from the office to the field.
Anticipated compensation: $100,000-150,000 (top range is base salary plus performance bonuses and profit sharing)
- Review Risk Assessment Matrix before any work begins. Continually identify and proactively manage scope risks, delays & issues, and ensure execution of corrective action plans up to closure
- Generate submittal log at the onset of the project and document status (submittal approved, ordered, delivered) throughout construction; closely track critical path equipment and materials
- Set up and onboard new field workers, including safety training
- Run project coordination meetings with subcontractors; draft & distribute meeting agendas & minutes using Procore
- Manage on-site subcontractors' work and personnel, ensuring the installed quality of mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and roofing systems; physically inspect work as it is completed
- Review subcontractor Daily Logs and develop and maintain master Daily Log
- Organize & maintain all project field-to-office and office-to-field documents in construction management software (for example, Procore)
- Manage project site safety for internal and subcontract personnel; coordinate or deliver all safety meetings and job box talks
- Ensure that the project is secure after each shift and all tools, materials, and equipment are returned and secured for customer occupancy
- Participate in field audits to check compliance with construction documents. Document and manage correction of deficiencies
- Manage subcontractors to close out punch list activities in a timely manner; update punchlist in construction management software platform
- Coordinate & actively participate in required inspections with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Coordinate red lines for finalization of As Built drawings
Responsible for Supporting and Assisting with:
- Site-Specific Safety Plans
- Room-by-room construction sequencing plan
- Project coordination meetings with the owner and distribution of Meeting agendas & minutes
- Written recovery plans for non-performing projects
- Corrections of commissioning issues with subcontractors
- Coordination and physical oversight of material and equipment deliveries; maintenance of documentation in submittal log; verify materials and equipment are correct and manage resolution of incorrect deliveries
- Field startup of equipment using standard start-up and checkout processes.
- Mentoring junior construction employees
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience and working knowledge of the on-site construction process and associated documentation
- Strong attention to detail, focus on risk management and maintaining a safe working environment
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems in commercial buildings
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems that occur in the field during construction and the soft skills to constructively motivate subcontractors to resolve issues.
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 (can be obtained after hiring)
- Ability to pass a background check for work in secure facilities such as jails and schools.
- Clean driving record, ability to be insured by Millig’s insurance if and when a Millig vehicle is provided
Prefered Qualifications & Skills:
- 7 or more years of experience as a Construction Superintendent for an HVAC or General Contractor
- Experience in renovations of existing facilities and energy retrofit projects
- Experience with guaranteed maximum price contracts with limited to no change orders (Design-Build and Integrated Project Delivery)
- Demonstrated ability to predict and prevent problems before they occur
If you're interested in a role and can see yourself doing a great job, don't let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying.
Our Commitment to You:
At Millig, we believe in providing flexibility and work-life balance. We trust our employees to do the jobs they are hired to do, value their contributions, and strive to provide a great place to work. To achieve these goals, we provide:
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- 12 Company Holidays
- Up to 14 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Schedules with Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing and Performance Bonuses
- Generous 401k Match
- Professional Development Budget
- Relocation Benefits
- Health, Dental & Vision
Who We Are:
Millig Design Build is an integrated engineering, design, and construction firm specializing in facility improvements that address energy efficiency, building health and safety, and core infrastructure needs. Our approach is holistic and human-centered, inspired by collaborative conversations that revolve around what brings our clients value. Our firm has offices in Kansas City; Denver; Portland; Seattle; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Learn more about Millig at www.milligdb.com.
Millig Design Build is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.