|Employer:|| Blackhawk Technical College|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Blackhawk Technical College
The Marketing Instructor provides instruction for courses within the Associate of Applied Science in Digital Marketing programs. Instruction is provided from the Central Campus in Janesville utilizing flexible delivery formats that meet the educational needs of students, business and industry. Instruction may include teaching daytime and evening courses. This position collaborates with employers, provides oversight of program part-time (adjunct) faculty, and is a member of the Business Department faculty. This position will teach, assess student learning, and develop the curriculum in digital marketing.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of June 19, 2023, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
1. Provide instruction for assigned classes.
2. Engage in ongoing student learning assessment to determine effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
3. Create a classroom environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
4. Maintain accurate student records and reports as requested by administrative offices.
5. Identify students needing assistance and refer students to Student Services. Collaborate with Student Services and the Learning Resources staff members to help students adjust to the learning environment.
6. Remain current on developments in the teaching field so that instruction is delivered for a variety of learning styles, uses the latest supportive technology and utilizes alternative delivery methods.
7. Remain current on curriculum content in the discipline and use of continuous quality improvement techniques to update content and foster current evidence-based program assessment and improvement.
8. Develop and update or revise course curriculum as needed to maintain program relevance.
9. Prepare and update course syllabi (using BTC guidelines) for each course taught, and work cooperatively with members of other departments and programs in coordinating courses.
10. Work cooperatively with library staff in the selection of reference materials and coordination of library reference work for maximum utilization of library and other resources.
11. Participate in staff development activities and serve on college improvement teams and college wide committees as appropriate.
12. Attend advisory committee meetings; department, division and faculty meetings.
13. Assist in the enforcement of college regulations and report student conduct violations to administration.
14. Cultivate a personal interest in communities served by the college and participate when possible with community activities.
15. Assist in student and staff recruitment and job placement activities for graduates.
16. Meet weekly office hours and other duties required to meet student, employer, and college needs.
17. Assist Administrative Chair and Academic Lead in other duties as assigned.
18. Meet Wisconsin Technical College System professional development requirements through the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Marketing Education or in a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Two (2) years or 4,000 hours of digital marketing, sales experience, social media, digital graphics, and/or e-marketing experience.
1. Previous post-secondary teaching experience, including classroom and on-line facilitation.
Blackhawk Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Blackhawk Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, or age in employment, admissions or its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to manage inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer, 6004 S County Road G, P.O. Box 5009, Janesville, WI 53547-5009, (608) 757-7796 or (608) 757-7773, WI Relay: 711.