This position can sit anywhere in the United States within close proximity to a major airport.
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you. From retirement to health care, from total well-being to your daily commute-it matters to us. A general description of benefits offered can be found at www.myswbenefits.com. Click on "Candidates" to view benefit offerings that you may be eligible for if you are hired as a Sherwin-Williams employee.
Position Summary: The National Sales Manager will lead the Building Products Segment of Sherwin-Williams Industrial Wood Division. You will develop the sales strategy, sales excellence program and business goals for your Building Products Segment Team within North America and Mexico. You will manage a team of two to four Strategic Account Managers and Field Technical Scientist within your business segment. You will travel 50% of the time to our top 50 building products customers in Canada, Mexico and United States.
- Successfully achieve segment specific Strategic Account sales/margin goals.
- Successfully achieve gallon growth goals.
- Successfully achieve overall Strategic Account performance goals.
- Successfully manage controllable expenses.
- Select, train, develop, directly supervise and coach dedicated personnel to carry on outside sales functions and technical service functions as required.
- Improve Building product segment sales and market share in area of responsibility / region through the development and implementation of the building product segment sales strategies and Sales Excellence programs.
- Deliver excellent service to customers through highly motivated and trained personnel.
- Select, train and develop building product segment Sales Strategic Account Managers.
- Provide leadership and assist with the development and achievement of Strategic Account Manager selling strategies and Business Planning.
- Manage building product segment Strategic Account Manager selling activity; setting goals, reviewing progress, approving pricing, reviewing and approving prospective targeted accounts with the Director of Strategic Accounts.
- Support outside selling activities to maximize Strategic Account Manager sales and gross margin dollars.
- Visit customers with Strategic Account Managers and provide support and coaching with the selling process.
- Help proactively prevent and resolve customer concerns.
- Assist with the development of sales, gross margin and expense budgets for Strategic Account Managers.
- Make pricing decisions in line with Division guidelines and level of authority.
- Settle complaints in accordance with level of authority.
- Work closely with the Regional Facility Managers and Facilities Director for timely product development, service and delivery.
- Lead sales team in prospecting for new sales opportunities.
- Manage to establish and maintain both new and existing accounts.
- Travel throughout the area of responsibility prospecting and maintaining existing business.
- Communicating with new and existing customers Converting qualified leads into new customers.
- Work proactively with the technical organization to ensure accuracy and prioritization of product modifications.
- Work proactively with the marketing organization to communication future product and program development needs as required.
- Regularly communicate segment specific account progress to management.
- Leverage all applicable resources to facilitate customer transitions and accelerate profitable growth.
- High school education or equivalent is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field is preferred
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to interface effectively with sales, technical and manufacturing management required.
- Training and utilization of project management techniques, value selling, and sales excellence tools required.
- Prior sales management experience.
- General knowledge of building product segment coating technologies
- General knowledge of common building product segment coating application processes.
- Knowledge of the wood coatings market / industry.
- Ability to identify specific wood coatings users, knowledge of wood coatings (surfaces, stains, pigmented finishes, sealers) used in the marketplace, and applications of these coatings as well as different wood species and the preparation of these surfaces.
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 65 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
- May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present
- May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
- Work surfaces may include concrete.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Regular travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case and will impact where actual compensation may fall within the stated wage range. The wage range listed for this role takes into account the wide range of factors considered in making compensation decisions including skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
The wage range, other compensation, and benefits information listed is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.