GEHA (Government Employees Health Association, Inc., pronounced G.E.H.A.) is a nonprofit member association that provides medical and dental benefits to more than two million federal employees and retirees, military retirees and their families. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
GEHA has one mission: To empower federal workers to be healthy and well.
Offering one of the largest medical and dental benefit provider networks available to federal employees in the United States, GEHA empowers health and wellness by meeting its members where they are, when they need care. We serve our members with products they value and a personalized customer experience, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
Member Experience and Persistency are key strategic priorities for GEHA as expressions of our brand promise. As part of executing this strategy, the Customer Experience (CX) and Member Engagement team is dedicated to understanding and improving the GEHA member experience and then designing and delivering programs that improve member experience and - ultimately - persistency. This team facilitates GEHA's ongoing effort of continuously evolving as a customer-focused organization, keeping the customer at the center of strategic decisions, and fostering CX-leading practices throughout the organization.
The Director - CX and Member Engagement will lead a team of CX, marketing and member communication experts to accelerate GEHA's member experience strategy, programs, and solutions with our member in mind.
This leadership role is for an innovative thinker and dynamic leader who is passionate about translating data including demographic, market research, and behavioral insights into actionable solutions with member impact. They are someone who enjoys the challenge of championing a member-centric, innovative culture within GEHA.
- Lead team of CX, marketing and member communication professionals who develop and deploy GEHA's member engagement and retention strategy and programs.
- Bring the voice of the customer to audiences at all levels within GEHA, maturing core member experience assets and capabilities (including CX principles, customer insight strategy, CX design and rapid prototyping) which the CX and Member Engagement team serves as custodian of.
- Isolate and prioritize opportunities to improve member experience, engaging in a collaborative manner across the enterprise to bring transparency to our performance across the member journey/touchpoints and ability to deliver our brand promise; based on prioritization, design and deliver member engagement programs - in collaboration with other enterprise functions - that improve member persistency and satisfaction.
- Oversee the engagement of internal business partners in isolating pain points and rapidly designing actionable solutions with member impact, leveraging core member experience assets and capabilities in support of GEHA's strategy to attract and retain members.
- Partner and collaborate with prospect marketing, performance marketing, product development, digital, clinical, customer care and data & analytics teams to analyze membership demographics and healthcare utilization to develop needs-based member segmentation that result in membership growth and retention.
- Lead special strategic projects as assigned to accelerate customer understanding, solution design, and rapid prototyping to generate new insights and rapid impact.
- Perform and lead all responsibilities associated with people management - hiring, performance expectations, performance reviews, coaching, communication including leading in a way that drives high levels of engagement and overall results.
Requirements: Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare, marketing or related field or combination of post high school education and related experience.
- 10+ years of related CX and/or consumer insights experience, 5+ years of which have been in a leadership role.
- Experience applying statistical analysis and data visualization to generate actionable insights and opportunities to optimize the member experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to craft powerful PowerPoint presentations that are visually pleasing and tell a cohesive story based on strategy, insights, and data.
- Requires a proven record of meeting commitments and achieving goals through the encouragement, guidance and influencing of others.
- Proven leadership skills (both team building and the ability to lead cross-functional teams).
- Ability to lead an integrated measurement project, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Voice of the Customer technology and testing platforms (Qualtrics, Medallia, Feedback Loop, User Testing etc.).
- Master's degree in business, healthcare, or another related field
- Healthcare payer industry experience
- Medicare knowledge
- CX implementation or start up experience
- IT, digital, or performance marketing experience
- Must have the ability to provide a non-cellular High Speed Internet Service such as Fiber, DSL, or cable Modems for a home office.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 30x5 (30mpbs download x 5mpbs upload) is required.
- Latency (ping) response time lower than 80 ms
- Hotspots, satellite and wireless internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
How we value you
- Competitive pay/salary ranges
- Incentive plan
- Health/Vision/Dental benefits effective day one
- 401(k) retirement plan: company match - dollar for dollar up to 4% employee contribution (pretax or Roth options) plus a 6% annual company contribution
- Robust employee well-being program
- Paid Time Off
- Personal Community Enrichment Time
- Company-provided Basic Life and AD&D
- Company-provided Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. GEHA considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
The annual base salary range for this position is $134,460 - $189,540 USD.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our diversity drives innovation deepens connections and strengthens our organization.
GEHA is headquartered in Lee's Summit, Missouri, in the Kansas City area. We recognize the importance of balance and flexibility and offer hybrid and work-from-home options for many of our roles.