GEHA (Government Employees Health Association, Inc., pronounced G.E.H.A.) is a nonprofit member association that provides medical and dental benefits to more than two million federal employees and retirees, military retirees and their families. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
GEHA has one mission: To empower federal workers to be healthy and well.
Offering one of the largest medical and dental benefit provider networks available to federal employees in the United States, GEHA empowers health and wellness by meeting its members where they are, when they need care. We serve our members with products they value and a personalized customer experience, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
Workday Finance Administrator
GEHA is looking for an experienced Workday Financial Administrator to join our team who will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of GEHA's financial and HR system, Workday. This position works closely with Finance, Procurement and HR Departments and leadership to provide system support, and to improve processes and technological capabilities.
- Provide routine support for the following Workday functional areas: Procurement and Suppliers, Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, Projects, Budgeting and Adaptive Planning, and Payroll.
- Support these functional areas in a production environment and be capable of independent work.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and support systems and processes to meet requirements while adhering to change management and establish a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Liaise with Workday user community to access best practices.
- Perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, and upgrades.
- Participate in the regular review of FIN and HCM systems projects.
- Provide user support services by innovating new ways to disseminate best practices and increase end user engagement.
- Write standard, advanced, matrix and composite reports as well as creating complex calculated fields and worksheets.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including both functional and technical teams comprised of individuals at various seniority levels with different technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges.
- Provide support to end-users of the Workday platform. This includes answering questions, resolving issues, and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response.
- Setup and maintenance of technical configuration including business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, and access rights.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Finance, or related field.
- In lieu of bachelor's degree, additional years of experience will be considered.
- 4-6 years' experience administering SaaS tools.
- Experience administering Workday Finance applications.
- Background in identifying, designing, testing, and deploying Finance processes, procedures and best practice.
- Experience configuring and administrating IT SaaS applications, Workday required.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver results on time.
- Must have the ability to provide a non-cellular High Speed Internet Service such as Fiber, DSL, or cable Modems for a home office.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 30x5 (30mpbs download x 5mpbs upload) is required.
- Latency (ping) response time lower than 80 ms
- Hotspots, satellite and wireless internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
How we value you
- Competitive pay/salary ranges
- Incentive plan
- Health/Vision/Dental benefits effective day one
- 401(k) retirement plan: company match - dollar for dollar up to 4% employee contribution (pretax or Roth options) plus a 6% annual company contribution
- Robust employee well-being program
- Paid Time Off
- Personal Community Enrichment Time
- Company-provided Basic Life and AD&D
- Company-provided Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. GEHA considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
The annual base salary range for this position is $94,537 - $133,263 USD.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our diversity drives innovation deepens connections and strengthens our organization.
GEHA is headquartered in Lee's Summit, Missouri, in the Kansas City area. We recognize the importance of balance and flexibility and offer hybrid and work-from-home options for many of our roles.