GEHA (Government Employees Health Association, Inc., pronounced G.E.H.A.) is a nonprofit member association that provides medical and dental benefits to more than two million federal employees and retirees, military retirees and their families. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
GEHA has one mission: To empower federal workers to be healthy and well.
Offering one of the largest medical and dental benefit provider networks available to federal employees in the United States, GEHA empowers health and wellness by meeting its members where they are, when they need care. We serve our members with products they value and a personalized customer experience, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
Contributes to GEHA's vision, mission, and purpose by providing assurance that investments in projects, programs and portfolios achieve their expected benefits. Works closely with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Strategy, project teams, and business leadership to develop and implement expected outcome measurements and performance targets. Assists with implementing and administering benefit realization processes, supporting enterprise efforts to define, measure, analyze, and report the value derived from operational and strategic initiatives in support of GEHA's overarching mission, goals, and objectives.
- Design and implement governance roles, responsibilities, and overall benefits realization capability.
- Establish benefits realization criteria, metrics, and measures along with process for collecting related data points. This includes assisting in establishing clear and measurable benefit metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and define the expected benefits and outcomes of a project or program; work with project teams to ensure alignment between project objectives and benefits.
- Develop and maintain benefit realization plans that outline the steps and milestones required to achieve the expected benefits. This includes gathering and analyzing data related to the project and program performance, conducting benefit realization assessments to determine if the initiative(s) delivered as planned, and identifying potential risks/barriers along with mitigation strategies.
- Develop oversight practices that allow the organization to track results, and communicate benefits realization status to stakeholders and senior management (i.e., dashboards)
- Establish a warehouse of information for process documentation, workflows, knowledge articles, and procedural guidance for benefit realization processes.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the benefit realization process by identifying areas for enhancement and optimization.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- One or more of the following certifications: CAPM, CBAP, PMP, Six Sigma or related certifications. Additional certifications focused on analytics, governance, project management, risk management, audit, and assurance may be considered.
- Requires 3 years of benefit realization management; Additional experience with project management or business analysis preferred.
- Additional years of professional experience may be considered in lieu of formal certification and education requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across multiple divisions and departments.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and make presentations to senior management.
- Experience with ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) and Workday preferred.
- Must have the ability to provide a non-cellular High Speed Internet Service such as Fiber, DSL, or cable Modems for a home office.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 30x5 (30mpbs download x 5mpbs upload) is required.
- Latency (ping) response time lower than 80 ms
- Hotspots, satellite and wireless internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
How we value you
- Competitive pay/salary ranges
- Incentive plan
- Health/Vision/Dental benefits effective day one
- 401(k) retirement plan: company match - dollar for dollar up to 4% employee contribution (pretax or Roth options) plus a 6% annual company contribution
- Robust employee well-being program
- Paid Time Off
- Personal Community Enrichment Time
- Company-provided Basic Life and AD&D
- Company-provided Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. GEHA considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
The annual base salary range for this position is $66,898 - $94,302 USD.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our diversity drives innovation deepens connections and strengthens our organization.
GEHA is headquartered in Lee's Summit, Missouri, in the Kansas City area. We recognize the importance of balance and flexibility and offer hybrid and work-from-home options for many of our roles.