Registered Nurse, PRN24 L&D - CSO (Night)
Vacancy has expired
| Parkland Health & Hospital System
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience - None
Current employees must obtain ACLS course completion card by February 15, 2020 (six months from revision date of August 14, 2019). Required Tests for Placement Skills or Special Abilities - Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
1. Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural preferences. Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal communication facilitating development of therapeutic relationship and environment that promotes wellness. Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team members. Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care issues. Provides patient care, educational information, and training to patient and family members.
2. Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern Perioperative nursing practice, and ensures the hospital and Parkland are in compliance. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Maintains and updates knowledge of sanitation, infection control, safety, supplies, equipment, appropriate utilization of supplies and materials. Implements principles of aseptic technique.
3. Performs appropriate patient assessments, participates consistently in Universal Protocol, site marking identification, identification of appropriate clinical interventions and skills appropriate to Operating Room assignments. Utilizes critical thinking skills to ensure optimal patient care in the perioperative setting. Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate action within their scope of practice. Completes appropriate documentation. Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient care records and hospital documents. Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards, goals, and objectives of the assigned department and Parkland.
4. Identifies ways to improve work process and improve patient and customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
5. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in Perioperative nursing practice by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals and actively participating in professional organizations. Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse, plus any additional required licensures/certifications. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
6. Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing staff. Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and objectives of the department and Parkland. Seeks and utilizes direction from more experience staff and team members as needed. Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing and clinical staff members as well as student trainees, as needed.
7. Employee commits to working a minimum of 24 hours per week to include at least one weekend per pay period when the Hospital has the need. Employee is required to work two (2) major holidays and one (1) minor holiday during the designated periods. (Major Holidays: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day //Minor Holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July//Weekends are defined as 3:00PM Friday to 7:00AM Monday)
8. The employee will not be eligible for pay increases with evaluations.
9. The employee will be required to float to areas within skillset as needed and must maintain competency.
10. Employees in the RN PRN program will be classified in a regular relief status with no benefit eligibility.
11. Employees in this program will accept the assignments given by the Hospital, to include accepting on-call assignments. Employees will be expected to float as needed to clinical departments for which the Hospital has deemed them qualified and competent.
12. The Hospital does not guarantee any work or minimum number of hours per week.
13. Employees must have two years of prior work experience in their specialty area to be eligible to participate in the RN PRN program but also must have two years overall nursing experience.
14. Employees identified as not meeting the scheduling requirements set forth in the job description. Should they not meet the scheduling requirements, staff will be performance managed and encouraged to seek roles for which they can meet the scheduling requirements.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees' wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Labor and Delivery, OB/GYN, Obstetrics, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare