Educational Leader/School Principal
The Oakland Unified School District’s mission is to build a Full Service Community District focused on high academic achievement while serving the whole child, eliminating inequity, and providing each child with excellent teachers, every day. Our vision is that all students find joy in their academic experience while graduating with the skills to ensure they are caring, competent, fully-informed, critical thinkers who are prepared for college, career, and community success.
We are seeking leaders who believe:
● Building and maintaining caring relationships with students and families is key to the foundation of teaching;
● Maintaining high expectations for all students is best accomplished through a persistent asset-based lens of students;
● Your actions can directly lead to creating more equitable conditions in public schools;
● Your work is most effective in collaboration with colleagues, families, and students;
● Developing as an anti-racist educator requires investing time in self-reflection, listening and incorporating feedback from
students, their families, other educators, and school leaders and is critical to your growth as an educator and leader.
● Working for racial justice requires close attention to educational systems and policies, and working to eliminate racism is
critical to the educational success of all students.
Why lead in OUSD?
● Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
● OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
● OUSD is making great strides in social-emotional learning, restorative justice, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
Where we are located:
OUSD is located within the vibrant and ever growing city of Oakland. Oakland is a rising economic center, chosen by Forbes magazine as one of the "ten best places in the United States for businesses and careers." The city of Oakland is a great place to live, work, play, and explore!
What we offer leaders:
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
● Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
● Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee and their dependencies at no cost, as well as Flexible Spending
Accounts, plus life insurance and long-term disability coverage
● Retirement benefits through the CALSTRS Retirement System
● Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree, a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing issued Administrative Services Credential, must be eligible for employment in the US and pass a criminal background check.
- Additional requirements: Completed online application, Resume & cover Letter, Two current professional references
Salary Range: $105,822.87- $164,565.20
You can also learn more about our career opportunities and hiring events here: https://www.ousd.org/careers Please apply here: https://tinyurl.com/leadousd